Instructions: Install your Transom Saver
To install the transom saver
Please refer to the owner’s manual for your outboard motor for instructions on raising and lowering the trim limit.
- Remove steering rods clips and transom saver from provided red canvas Moto-Stop bag.
- Store bag in an accessible location for use upon removal of transom saver and steering rod clips.
- Raise the outboard motor to its up most position.
- Locate the bottom of the transom saver.
- The bottom of the transom saver will have two polyurethane bushings with holes to slide over the trim rods.
- The top of the transom saver has solid polyurethane pads protruding from the metal frame.
- When properly facing, the “MOTO-STOP” lettering in the center of the transom saver will be right side up.
- The bottom is wider than the top.
- Place the polyurethane bushings on the bottom of the transom saver over the corresponding trim rods.
- Slide the transom saver down the trim rods until it rests on the trim rod mount.
- For two-piece installation, slide the top half of the transom saver on top of the bottom half until the magnet connects the two pieces together.
- Lower the outboard motor until it rests comfortably on top of the transom saver
- Clip the steering rods in place by placing the open side over the steering rod and pressing firmly until the clip is attached to the rod.
- Rotate steering clip upward to increase tension and verify secure fit.