Instructions: Measuring for your Transom Saver
To Measure for your transom saver
First thing customers need to know is that Moto-Stop Transom Savers are designed for motors with two trim rods.
- You will need to measure trim rod size and center to center distance. Provide that information and we will set you up with the correct unit to fit your motor.
- Please refer to the owner’s manual for your outboard motor for instructions on raising and lowering the trim limit.
- Your Trim rods will be most likely 5/8 dia and 4 7/8 spacing between centers for Mercury.
- Your Trim rods will be most likely 11/16 dia and 4.25 spacing between centers for Yamaha 2 stroke, Honda, Tohatsu, or Suzuki.
- Your Trim rods will be most likely 11/16 dia and 4.13/16 spacing between centers for Yamaha 4 stroke, Honda, Tohatsu, or Suzuki.
- Trim travel limit - this measurement will determine if you need one-piece setup or two-piece setup.
- You can always take your motor to the dealer and they can electronically adjust your trim switch to allow a one-piece unit to fit.
- Some motors have a physical switch that you can move.
- We always encourage measuring twice and ordering once.
- Please let us know if you have any further questions.
- See photo below for reference.